Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings It is traditionally divided into several sub-disciplines including architectural engineering, environmental engineering,, structural engineering, earthquake engineering, transportation engineering, municipal or urban engineering, water resources engineering, materials engineering, wastewater engineering, offshore engineering, facade engineering, quantity surveying, coastal engineering, construction surveying, and construction engineering.
Civil engineers apply the principles of geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, environmental engineering, transportation engineering and construction engineering to residential, commercial, industrial and public works projects of all sizes and levels of construction.
Our policy is to give the society a worthy citizen – a person of high intellectual, physical and moral attainments. We aim at the improvement of individual personality of the student by providing individual attention and bring up their talent. We also aim at imparting advanced technologies so that the students graduated are ready for working in industry . Our learning environment is cordial and congenial. We aim at creating intellectuals of superior technical caliber and ethical values.
• To become planners, designers, constructors, and operators of the society
• To be steward of the natural environment and its resources
• To be innovators and integrators of ideas and technology across the public, private, and academic sectors
• To be managers of risk and uncertainty caused by natural events, accidents, and other threats
The mission of the Bachelor of Civil Engineering degree program is to provide an outstanding, practice-oriented education in civil engineering.
The goal of the program is to educate students in an inspirational environment, enabling them to begin their professional careers as competent and thoughtful civil engineers.
Our policy is to give the society a worthy citizen – a person of high intellectual, physical and moral attainments. We aim at the improvement of individual personality of the student by providing individual attention and bring up their talent. We also aim at imparting advanced technologies so that the students graduated are ready for working in industry. Our learning environment is cordial and congenial. We aim at creating intellectuals of superior technical caliber and ethical values.
To provide the highest standards of technical education by creating excellent infrastructure with fully air-conditioned classrooms and modern labs.
To provide quality education by our highly dedicated and committed faculties.
To inculcate zeal in young minds through the best technical teaching, training and learning practices.
- Jasmeet Singh Gandhi secured 191 AIR in GATE 2015 and is perusing M.Tech (Structures) from IIT Roorkee.
- Surabhi Chawda passed GRE Exam and joined University of Florida.
3. Gourav Gajrani passed Indian Engineering Services Exam (IESE 2017) AIR 26 (UPSC) Also in GATE 2017 scored 99.1 percentile
4. Gourav Gajrani & Mohd. Murshalin Siddiqui were recipient of Chancellor’s award 2013 by Honorable Governor of Madhya Pradesh
5. Gourav Gajrani & Murshalin Siddiqui were recipient of II prize in state level Quiz
Competition organized by Ultra Tech Cement on Concrete Technology at
Radisson Hotel, Indore. In this competition 7000 students of M.P participated
- Dipanshu Bhargava won the second prize in Inter college Table Tennis
Competition organized at IIIT D&M, Jabalpur
7. Dipanshu Bhargava represented Jabalpur district in state and Inter District Table Tennis Championship -2013 at Indore
- Sachin Jaiswal, Pulkit Khare,Tarun Verma & Abhishek Tiwari represented College in RGPV Nodal Badminton Tournament and won I prize in 2013 and 2014
- Sachin Jaiswal qualified for National level Inter University Badminton Tournament at IIT Bhuvaneshwar
- Scahin Jaiswal was men’s winner in single and doubles section in Jabalpur division Badminton championship
- Vikram Ranka represented College in RGPVJabalpur Nodal
12 Gourav Gajarani & Deepak Gupta of VII Sem. secured I st position in the intercollegiate
Paper presentation competition organized by the Institution of Engineers (Youth Festival)
In May 2012.
- Arnica Kumar & group won the II nd prize in Dream Jabalpur contest organized by Gyan Ganga Group of Institutions.
- Harshit Agrawal, Gaurav Tiwari & Shivam Rai presented a paper in Technical Seminar orginised by TIET, Jabalpur.
- Prakesh Marco participated in inter college state level cricket competition organized by RGPV.
- Boys Cricket Team of Civil Department won the Inter branch cricket competition of the Gyan Ganga Group of Institutions during annual sports meet in March 2017
- 16. Boys Kabaddi Team of Civil Department won the Inter branch cricket competition of the Gyan Ganga Group of Institutions during annual sports meet in March 2017
- Satyam Patel won the Chess competition
- Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering
- Academic Calendar
- India oil corporation Limited
- Jabalpur Garment & Fashion Design Cluster Association
- Satya Prakash Builders
- Shree Balaji Infrastructure Pvt Ltd
- Ideal consultants and Developers
Strength of Materials Lab
- Universal Testing machine
- Torsion testing machine
- Impact testing machine
- Hardness testing machine
- Compression testing machine
- Dumpy Level
- Prismatic Compass
- Surveyors Compass
- Plane table set
- Total Station
- Leveling Staff
Chains, tapes & Other Small accessories
- 3D raised relief models
- Samples of Minerals & Ores
- Samples of stones
Geotechnical Engg. Lab
1. Liquid Limit Device
2 Plastic Limit Device
3. Shrinkage Limit Apparatus
4. Permeability Apparatus
5. CBR Apparatus
6. Electronic Balance
8. SPT Test Apparatus
9. Core Cutter
10. Standard Proctor Test Apparatus
11. Set of Sieves
Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Bernoulli’s Apparatus.
- Pitot tube apparatus.
- V-Notch apparatus.
- Rectangular Notch apparatus.
- Metacentric Height.
- Orifice meter.
- Friction loss pipe arrangements.
- Tilting Flume Apparatus.
- Centrifugal pump test rig (constant speed).
- Centrifugal pump test rig (variable speed)
- Aggregate Impact test apparatus.
- Devel’s Attrition test machine.
- Los Angeles abrasion testing.
- Bitumen Melting Point Apparatus.
- Bitumen Softening Point Apparatus.
- Ductility Testing Machine.
- Marshall Stability Test Apparatus.
- Aggregate Impact Value Apparatus.
- Hot Plates.
- Electronic Balance
- Length Gauge
- Thickness Gauge
Construction Material Testing Lab
- Vicats apparatus
- Vee Bee consistometer.
- Slump Cone Apparatus.
- Electric Oven.
- Rebound Hammer.
- Universal Testing Machine.
- Cube Moulds.
- Vibrating Table.
Environmental Engg Lab
- BOD Incubator.
- Hot Air Oven.
- Muffle Furnace.
- COD Analyzer.
- Digital Colony Counter.
- Silica Crucibles.
- Imhoff Cone.
- Pipettes, Burette.
- AUTO CAD
- STAAD PRO
1. Workshop on Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP)
Date: 6th– 7th April 2014
A workshop on the design and testing of Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) was organized in the department. The workshop was conducted by Prof Iyer and Prof Hota Ganga Rao
2. Workshop on “Market Scenario in Built Environment – Real estate, Construction & Infrastructure”
Date: 5th Feb 2014
Workshop conduct by RICS (Royal Institute of Charted Surveyors). Conducted by Ms. Swati Malik, Ms. Ashu Arora and Mr. Deepak
3. Workshop on “Challenges in Construction Industry”
Date: 8th Oct 2015
A workshop was conducted by ACC cement. Key note speakers were Mr. Manish Dubey, Mr. Rahul Singh & Mr. Sajid Khan. Speakers spokes on the basic challenges faced by engineers in construction industries and their remedies.
4. Workshop on “Challenges in Off Shore Construction Industry”
Date: 28th Nov 2015
A workshop was conducted by Punj Lloyd Infrastructure. Key note speaker was Mr. Rakesh Shrivastava vice president of Punj Lloyd, he discussed various engineering and managerial challenges of the off shore construction industry and career opportunities.
5. Entrepreneurship Awareness camp
Date: 5th Oct 2018
1 . Violin Recital by Johar Ali Khan on 8th Feb 2015. The program was organized in association with SPIC MACAY in SPANDAN auditorium.
2. Odyssey Dance performance by Geeta Mahalik on 28/10/2013. The program was organized in association with MACAY in SPANDAN auditorium.
3. Rajasthani Dance and Katputli dance by Roje Khan and Group on 20/8/2015. The program was organized in association with SPIC MACAY in SPANDAN auditorium
4. Santoor Recital by Mrs. Shruti Adhakri on 12th Dec 2015. The program was organized in association with SPIC MACAY in SPANDAN auditorium.
5. Kathak Dance performance by Pt Vishal Krishna on 29/8/2016. The program was organized in association with MACAY in SPANDAN auditorium
6. A Cricket tournament was organized by the department between different branches.
7. A SWINE FLU awareness camp was organized on 21-2-2015 in the college. The guest speakers were Dr. B.S. Chauhan, CMHO, Dr. S. K. Upadhyay, DMHO, Dr. S. K. Sinha Civil Surgeon, Dr. C. B. Oak & Dr. Sharda Singh, District Program Manager, Jabalpur. In this camp speech and poster competition also organized.
- ‘ Intelligent Building’ Model making competition was organized on
- Kathak Dance performance by Ms Raksha Singh on 26/9/2019. The program was organized in association with SPIC MACAY in SPANDAN auditorium
- Gourav Gajrani & Arpit Pandey student of 2013 batch were selected in JMC limited Gujarat.
- Deshna Jain student of 2015 batch was selected in Tech Mahindra Pune.
- Rajeshwar singh Maini & Surabhi Sharma students of 2016 batch selected in Mphasis Technologies Pune.
- Deepanshu Bhargava student of 2016 batch selected in Euresian Minerals Pvt.Ltd.
- Adonis Claudis of 2016 batch selected in KEC International.
- Pulkit Khare and Tarun Verma of 2016 batch selected in ICICI Prudential.
- Following students were selected in Sagardeep Infrastructure (a)Rajeshwar Singh Maini (b) Kshitij Tiwari
- ( c) Tarun Verma (d) Pulkit Khare (e) Sourabh Soni (f) Harshit Nema (g) Devesh Sahare
- Following students were selected in Shriram Transport Finance Corporation Ltd. (a) Kshitij Tiwari (b) Sourabh Soni
- Following students were selected in Future Global Infrastructure (a)Ayush Verma (b) Harshit Dubey ( c) Stuti samuel
- Following students were selected in Reliance Jio (a) Kshitij Tiwari (b) Deepanshu Bhargava
Join Over 10,000 Students Enjoying Education Now at Gyan Ganga
Become Part of Gyan Ganga Institute to Further Your Career.